Online Sales Manager
The Online Sales Manager (OSM) will keep The Bikery relevant and effective in the digital marketplace. With the assistance of the Shop Lead, the OSM will manage Craigslist, eBay, and Facebook postings advertising bicycles, used components, new goods, etc. Must be aware of the current stock of bicycles, and should have a good idea of what goods the shop currently has, and adjust all online postings to reflect that. The OSM is not responsible for pricing or interfacing directly with customers, as all local sales should take place at The Bikery. Writing skills are encouraged and a low baseline of bike knowledge is nice to have as you’ll be the voice of a big part of the external-facing Bikery!
- Manage all online postings of goods for sale at The Bikery
- Explore additional digital sales outlets and come up with creative ideas for how to sell Bikery stuff more effectively
- Photograph items for sale to use on online marketplaces
Works under direction from:
- Shop Lead (Josh/Evan)
Works closely with:
- Good at internets! (Tech-savvy)
- Good writing skills - fun listings sell!
- Enough knowledge of bicycle components to create accurate listings and answer questions about them (e.g. measuring frames, number of speeds, knowing difference between Shimano Tiagra and Ultegra)
Expected time commitment: around 4 hours per month